The Philippine Cultural Foundation, Inc. presents “Arte”, an exhibit of various art forms by Filipino-American artists in the Tampa Bay Area at the Bayanihan Arts and Events Center on Sunday, December 9, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM. This exhibit will encompass various fields of art including painting, jewelry design, photography, fashion design, doll-making, flower-arranging and food art.
As envisioned by the project chairman, PCFI board member Olive Santiano, art as a basic human expression is expressed in almost every activity that man does. The Tampa Bay Area is home to thousands of Filipino-Americans, with some who make a living in the arts, music and other expressive crafts. Santiano states that it is about time to give these artists a special recognition to have their art displayed at the Arts Center. PCFI board member, Amy Estrada, co-chairs this project.
The Bayanihan Arts and Events Center is located at 14301 Nine Eagles Drive, Tampa, FL 33626. Since its public opening in 2001, the Center has been venue for various art and cultural events by Filipinos, Americans, Filipino-Americans and other nationalities.
Suggested donation for admission to “Arte” is $5.00, children 5 years and under, free. The exhibit will have beverage and food for sale. Some of the artists will also be selling some of their work.
Note for Fil-Am Artists:
If you are a Fil-Am artist and would like to participate in this event, Also, please take note of the following rules and requirements:
- Participant must be a Filipino-American or any nationality with a collection of Filipino-themed art.
- Art work for display must be original work by the artist.
- PCFI will provide and assign the booth/space at the Bayanihan Arts and Events Center.
- PCFI will also provide tables and table cloths for the artist.
- Artist must be responsible for his own booth/space design and must provide additional display materials and structures if needed (easles, tripods, etc.)
- The hall will be open for setup on Sunday, December 9 at 9AM.
- There will be no participation fee to join the exhibit and the artist may sell his/her work. However, we request that 10% of the proceeds will be donated to PCFI.
- Please mail your application to ARTE ARTIST APPLICATION, Bayanihan Arts and Events Center, 14301 nine Eagles Drive, Tampa, FL, email to email@example.com or fax to (813) 818-9599 before Friday, November 30, 2012.
- For further inquirees and more information, please contact Olive Santiano at (727) 734-7022 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.